Sunday 15 January 2012

Something for the Weekend

H&M jacket and top, French Connection shorts, Topshop shoes and hat, Charles Tyrwhitt scarf, vintage bag by The Bridge

Here's a quick look at what I've been wearing today; I was aiming for that cool and quirky French chic look. Not entirely sure I've achieve it but hey, a girl can try. You may remember one of my posts back in December about how my new year's resolution was to wear more hats? Well, today is the first day! I have had this hat a while but don't really wear it very often, but one gentleman at the cash point told me he liked it so I think that's a good start. 
I really love having key tailored pieces in my wardrobe so I've teamed a couple together today. I like to go against the rule of not wearing navy and black together as I personally think it works well if you get the right pieces. I also think it works here because it breaks the outfit up, giving it a more casual edge and less like I'm wearing a short suit on a Sunday afternoon. I also adore this bag which is actually my mothers from the 80's (I know she reads my blog so I'm sure she'll be very pleased to see her lovely bag is still in use!). It's beautiful leather and totally chic and works really well with my cashmere Charles Tyrwhitt scarf; a gift I've had for a long long time but only seem to have discovered in my wardrobe very recently. It also feels luxuriously soft against my skin; the perfect indulgence for a relaxing weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment