Monday 1 October 2012

Colours of Autumn: Blue

Topshop playsuit
H&M jeans
Asos ring
T by Alexander Wang tailored shorts
French Sole ballet pumps
Asos earrings
Reiss bag
Marc by Marc Jacobs peplum top

Once again the seasons are changing and it's important to adapt your wardrobes to the world outside to keep your attire feeling current. There are a few key rules I tend to follow each season and my main focus for this time of year is colour. It's so easy to get buried deep into a black rut and this is something that happens to me every year (I never learn my lesson) so I have to constantly remind myself that now is the time to bring life into my wardrobe. Autumn is perfect for colour because the colours of the season are so rich and vivid and the crisp autumnal leaves are the perfect offset to a vast array of blue and berry shades. 

This week I'm putting together a series of colour collections that I think will work best this season; blue is the perfect offset to the orange hues of autumn and I love the vibrant cobalt shades that are huge this season. Darker blues are also a softer alternative to black for those who need a little more easing into autumnal colour. Tailoring works well with this trend as the deep, rich hues combine perfectly with sharp silhouettes. Add a little whimsy into your outfit with some bold costume jewellery for a more fun look and seek heavier fabrics such as velvet to ensure the trend is winter appropriate. 
Until next time catch up with me on twitter and pinterest

1 comment:

  1. Blue is my all time favorite color and I'm always thrilled to see it in the stores!!
    Maya
    archistas.com

    ReplyDelete