Tuesday 20 November 2012

Geek to Chic

Topshop jumper and jeans, Ralph Lauren shirt, Kurt Geiger booties, Urban Outfitters socks, Asos glasses, Louis Vuitton Speedy bag

Despite the fact I am frequently told by those closest to me that I apologise far too much, I have my fair share of apologies to make in this post; all necessary, of course. Firstly, for my lack of blogging in the last week or so. Sometimes life becomes overwhelmingly busy and the things you enjoy most get put on the back burner for a little while. Secondly, for how disgracefully dirty my mirror appears to be! Note to self, clean mirror ASAP (what was I saying about being overwhelmingly busy.......) And lastly, for the embarrassing nature of this sickeningly posey photo; generally I am no fan of the camera in hand pout at the mirror photo, but the weather is just so British (and by that I mean rain rain rain) at the moment, that, for now, this was all I could muster up I'm afraid. 

And so to the pressing issue, my new glasses! I'm not sure whether I should freely admit to the world that, in actual fact, I have rather good vision and glasses are not essential to the daily function of my life whatsoever. Initially, when these little beauties arrived on my doorstep, I was so overcome with excitement that such thoughts didn't even occur to enter my brain. But, I have been told (you know who you are) that, why on earth would you wear glasses if you don't actually need to? Err, because they perfectly combine both the geek and the chic elements of fashion and conjure up a look so divine that no one will even begin to think "hmm does she really need glasses?" but rather "OMG, where are those fabulous glasses from!?" Yes, the glasses that are so amazing that they lead people into saying OMG and fabulous, all in the same overly flamboyant sentence. I feel I'm digressing a little now, so I think it's time for me to tune out and go create some outfits to go with my new favourite accessory. Let me know what you think, readers. Until next time catch  me on Twitter and Pinterest


2 comments:

  1. Love your jumper :) I am now following you.

    http://whatisinherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look smashing! Love your booties!

    ReplyDelete