Wednesday 9 November 2011

Nature Inspired


I don't want this to be a weird post or for you to get the wrong idea; I'm not one of those wacky nature loving people who talks to plants and eats soil! In fact, I'm pretty rubbish at trekking through fields or being friends with flies but, sometimes, I do feel quite inspired by nature. These are some photos I've taken over the last few months and I do think there are elements we can take from it into our daily fashion lives.
Firstly, the strong colour of these flowers is really quite awe inspiring. I know it's a bit pink (I think I might be going through a phase at the moment?!) but just the vivacity and boldness of each hue is immense. I also love the layers of petals in the first two pictures and it reminds me of the origami trend we saw a few seasons back (anyone remember Teri Hatcher's white dress at the 2009 SAG awards?). Granted, she probably made it onto a fair few worst dressed lists, and I'm not saying we should go to that extreme but in small, elegant doses it's definitely a new element I've not explored. 
Nature can be a forced to be reckoned with, and I think looking around a little wider for our fashion inspiration is refreshing from time to time.



No comments:

Post a Comment