Friday 30 December 2011

Winter Wedding

NW3 Hobbs dress, H&M blazer, Kitsch shoes, Accessorize headband

Firstly, apologies for the very severe lack of blogging in the last week or so. Christmas is just so busy and there are a good couple of hundred miles between my two families so a lot of time has been spent travelling. But I hope everyone had a magical Christmas and received everything you'd been wishing for. 
On Wednesday I went to a wedding down in Surrey. I adore winter weddings, there's something so magical about having them at this time of year and the only thing that could have made it more sparkly and perfect would have been a glisten of snow on the ground! Nevertheless, it was a really lovely day and here is what I wore (above). Sadly, I didn't buy a new dress for the occasion (somethings your budget just won't go far enough!) but I pulled out this beautiful dress that I already had in my wardrobe. I've had it a little while but only ever worn it once, for my 21st birthday party, so it was nice to give it an outing again. I think if you're going to a winter wedding the most important thing is to inject a bit of colour in to your outfit. At this time of year it's all too easy to go for something dark but a pop of turquoise can really bring your outfit to life. I've let the dress do all the talking and kept everything else simple and colour coordinated. A black tailored blazer creates a sharp look and pulls the outfit together, especially when wearing a loose and free flowing dress like I am here. I've rolled up the sleeves a little to show off the interesting lining and it's little details like these that really allows your outfit to stand out from the rest. 
I'm not a huge fan of wedding hats but I'm not really into fascinators either, so when I go to a wedding I usually opt for an elaborate head band. I love gold and think little touches in your outfit really adds an element of luxe, so I've given little hints of it in my headwear, shoes and jewellery. 
I hope this can be a little inspiration to any of you going to a wedding in the next few weeks, or evening those looking for ideas on what to wear tomorrow to bring in the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment