Thursday 24 May 2012

Feeling Restless

 Asos shirt, Topshop skirt and shoes, iPad

For the entire time I’ve wanted to be a journalist, I have known that I never, ever wanted to work freelance. At least not solely that, anyway. Juggling it on top of a full time ‘office’ job would be fine, but the idea of sitting at home all day whilst I work, for me, is really off-putting. I’m a very impatient person and I become restless very easily, so the idea of combining my home space where I try to relax with my working environment is basically my idea of a disaster. This in mind, I took myself off to Starbucks today and my how productive it was. I’m actually a little bit embarrassed to even tell you all that is where I spent my day working (I’ve never taken my laptop in and worked there before, I’ve always felt that people who do that are, well, poseurs.) But seeing as all my housemates had dispersed for the day I decided my restless and impatient nature would not work well alone at home and so off I trotted and actually, it was kinda cool.

So now that you know what I’ve been doing with my day, let’s talk stitches. Every day the weather is just getting lovelier and lovelier and I must confess I was quite unprepared for this uncharacteristic sunshine we’ve been enjoying all week. I also try to make much more of a conscious effort to wear colour and print during the summer months and there’s nothing like a crisp white shirt to keep you cool in the heat. Louis has also been sitting by my side all day making me very, very happy! I know I promised to show you my engraved initials today but I didn’t get the time to have it done yesterday but hopefully I’ll manage to fit it in at some point next week.

My friends and I are off to see an old movie at an outdoor cinema tonight which I’m super excited about because I’ve never been to one before and it’s something I’ve always wanted to do  and it’s also on my summer 2012 bucket list. Ciao for now and don’t forget to stay updated with me on Twitter and Pinterest





1 comment:

  1. Cute look =)

    xoxo*
    http://nessabyvanessaribeiro.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete