Friday 29 July 2011

A Fond Farewell


Today was a very sad day for me. It was my last day at my month long internship at Secretsales.com and I have to say it has been one of the best months of my life so far. Combine an amazing internship with an amazing group of people, I've also had the opportunity to spend a weekend away in France, have champagne at The Savoy and  seen my younger brother be Baptised. So all in all, it's going to be a sad moment stepping on the train tomorrow to go back home to Nottingham.
However, one of the things I have come to realise today is that you don't really realise how much people appreciate you. I feel like I've work very hard this last month, and made some new friends, but as the entire floor surrounded me to give me flowers, a card and a very warm hug, I realised just what an impact I had had. As I sat on the train home reading the messages people had written, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. 
Another thing I realised is that people really do notice what you wear! I've never been 100% confident in my wardrobe, and pretty much on a daily basis I question my outfit. But as I read my card I realised a lot of the messages mentioned my 'pretty dresses' or the 'topknot I always have on top of my head' that they were going to miss. Incidentally, you may have noticed this topknot from my photos, something I do out of pure laziness as I'd rather have an extra 30 minutes in bed than trying to tame my unruly hair! 
But it gives me that extra sense of achievement knowing that people see what I wear and it has an impact on them. 
So, I'd like to say a fond farewell to everyone whom I've worked with over the last month. It's been a real pleasure and you'll all be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment